Tuesday, September 16, 2008

WET REALITY:RICHARD WRIGHT'S DEAD


Yesterday I read the bad news: Richard Wright's dead. Today I was walking on 12 street and 1 av. and saw this graffiti that show my feelings.

"Music was our drug" said Richard Wright, Pink Floyd's keyboard player who died yesterday (Monday, Sept.15). He had cancer.
I will not write an obituary. I'll be brief, these last five years many of my favorite musicians have died. It's the law of life... But still it's hard to know.
One of my favorite keyboard players is dead. He inspired me, and in a way determined my sound, and also, was ahead of time with some of the things he did. R.Wright's not going to be one of the musicians I love and had the chance to see live. I wish at least I'd seen him on a bad concert, even in the fake 2005's live 8...shiiiiit.
O.k, prepare to read the phrase You'll see and hear a 1.000 times: R.Wright wrote the Great gig in the sky the 4th track on "The dark side of the moon" Pink Floyd's record that sold about 40 million copies.
Well, We all know that music pretty well, here's some of Wright's music from Wet Dream

And here's a nice video I found

No comments: