Monday, September 29, 2008

FOLLOW THE PURPLE LIGHT ROAD TO UGA BOOGA



When I first got to New York City I thought I would find the best Dj's in the world, but I confirmed my ignorance on electronic music when I got here and found a very poor techno music scene.
Bad taste is the rule for booked Dj's in NYC, and after some months of searching, and thanks to a friend, I came across Wolf+Lamb:Zev Eisenberg and Gadi Mizrahi, two Newyorkers who come from Egyptian and Jew cultures who had to find their own venue to perform decent techno. They created "The first label of it's kind, Wolf + Lamb Music a label designed as a no-frills distribution medium that reflected their ideals: a simple, single release oriented, open source music label offering free source downloads for all releases."
I wouldn't say they play straight ahead minimal techno because their BPM (beats per minute) are slower and they use some nice warm extra layers and a special characteristic bass, specially Gadi, who played a remarkable set the second weekend of September. But besides the sub-genre names, they're heading a nice electronic music field that needs more "good taste" explorers.
Last Saturday Wolf+Lamb reached their party number 50. I hope they keep it up.
If you want to find their catalogue go to beatport.com or to their homepage http://www.wolflambmusic.com
Just click on the title of this post and you'll be there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to which friend?