Monday, September 1, 2008

MORE LOVE WE GET,MORE LOVE YOU GET

"More love we get, more love you get" said bassist Avishai Cohen last night during his last performance at the NYC's Blue Note where he presented his most recent recording "Gently disturbed". The trio,with Shai Maestro on piano and Mark Guiliana on drums, played music so intimately that a spiritual vibe got into me, specially when they presented "Eleven Wives" where Mark, as usual, extended on an impressive solo, not only as a virtuoso but also as an explorer of the spiritual mood that the music lead to.
Bass intros. as well as Shai's introduction to the last tune they played ("Nunu"), explored extreme dinamics in the pianissimo range and brought to life the intimate sound of souls.


Here´s a picture of Shai while listening to Avishai's solo that was then joined by Mark...Shit...as usual I can't seem to upload it. I guess I'll have to hang it on my next entry

No comments: