Wednesday, October 15, 2008

MUSIC-POLITICS-MUSIC

These days there's a lot to say about music and politics. John McCain has been sued by the Foo Fighters for using their song "My Heroe" in rallies, and last month the band Heart demanded that the McCain campaign stop playing its song “Barracuda” in public appearances by Sarah Palin. At the same time musicians are gathering in NYC to found raise for Barak Obama's campaign. But to open the relationship between music and politics I was checking out DJ Olive's myspace because I love his music. I met him in SIM, the free music workshop I took in August and it turns out that all the music I love has a weird way of relating so he's playing a set next Friday Oct 17 at The Bunker. Anyway, I went to his myspace and this picture caught my eye

Woodie Guthrie
I went to his home page and this is the first quote you see
"A folk song is what's wrong and how to fix it or it could be
who's hungry and where their mouth is or
who's out of work and where the job is or
who's broke and where the money is or
who's carrying a gun and where the peace is.”

If you click on the title of this post you'll automatically go to his page. And if you want to check out DJ Olive go to http://www.myspace.com/theaudiojanitor

No comments: