Thursday, November 27, 2008

IT'S ALL ABOUT MOBY


As usual Moby can't stop 'till he gets enough!. As eclectic as he is, last Monday (November 24) Moby released his album Last nigt remixed. A remix by Brooklyn-based DFA Records signees, who re-imagined Last Night's original album that was released earlier this year. I just heard some of the new mixes @ http://www.myspace.com/thisislastnight.
This is a good record, so good that Moby answered to Peter Gaston when he asked him about the track "I like to move in here" remixed by Holy Ghost the following: "It wasn't so much a remix, as they actually re-recorded the entire song. They even hired a horn section and a new singer. I like the original, but I actually prefer their version."
Good new version by the way. Everything points to the rave rebirth thanks to AC Slater the Bushwick-Broklyn based DJ/producer who remixed my favorite song of Last night:"The stars".
AC Slater is as Moby called him the "re-inventor of the old rave aesthetic".
You can hear to the remix here: http://www.myspace.com/theacslater and warm up
for next Saturday December 13 Degenerates party. My favorite dance party in which this time Moby will be dj-ing with AC slater, Drop the lime and JDH+Dave P, this time they'll spin @ le Poisson Rouge not @ Hiro Ballroom as they used to.
See you there.

Here's another remix of "I like tomove in here" I found on Youtube. Pretty minimal techno elements that match my taste on music.

No comments: